[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.9.0 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu May 19 17:01:13 BST 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 09:53:15AM +0100, Francis Irving wrote:
> Any idea when the perl module will be updated?  If I try
> /Search-Xapian-0.8.4.0 I get this error:
>
> Xapian.xs:55: error: `OP_WEIGHT_CUTOFF' is not a member of `Xapian::Query'

The Search::Xapian code is now in SVN, and you can check it out like
so:

svn co svn://svn.xapian.org/search-xapian Search_Xapian

(This checks it out into a directory called Search_Xapian).

I checked in every previous release as a revision initially, which is
handy if you want to poke the history of a bit of code.

It's ready for a "Search-Xapian-0.9.0.0" release, but Alex really needs
to do that.  But in the meantime you can download it from SVN and use
it.

> Alternatively, is there somewhere I can download older version (0.8.4)
> of Xapian itself?

You can find all the releases (and recent snapshots) here:

http://www.oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/

But I'd probably recommend using 0.9.0.