[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.9.0 released

Francis Irving francis at flourish.org
Fri May 20 01:03:17 BST 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 05:01:13PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> The Search::Xapian code is now in SVN, and you can check it out like
> so:
>
> svn co svn://svn.xapian.org/search-xapian Search_Xapian
> It's ready for a "Search-Xapian-0.9.0.0" release, but Alex really needs
> to do that.  But in the meantime you can download it from SVN and use
> it.

That's magic, thanks Olly.  It's working for me.

So far my migration to 0.9.0 has gone well, with just a few code
changes in PHP for the new QueryParser, but all quite straightforward.
I'm mostly still glad I didn't have to rebuild the database!

BTW, TheyWorkForYou is going really well.  Had our millionth "visit"
(not sure by what measure of visitors, but visits not hits) since we
launched last June.

Xapian search has served us well.  Now we also use it to generate
daily email alerts.  And probably since I last posted here, we added
choice of relevancy or date sorting for the main search.

Francis