[Xapian-discuss] Specifying flint backend from Python

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 1 16:37:48 BST 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 11:20:20AM -0400, Amir Bakhtiar wrote:
> I am running 0.9.2 and I'd like to specify that I want a flint backend when
> I do xapian.open() from the Python wrapper. Any ideas on how I might
> achieve this? I've had a quick look at the wrapper code and flint does not
> seem to be mentioned.

Currently you have to set the environmental variable XAPIAN_PREFER_FLINT
to a non-empty value.  It's checked each time you call xapian.open() so
I expect you can do this by setting it in the environment from your
python script.  If not, this should do the trick:

XAPIAN_PREFER_FLINT=1 python your_script.py