[Xapian-discuss] Getting started with Omega

Georgina Allbrook gja at waikato.ac.nz
Wed Apr 5 06:59:32 BST 2006

Hi Olly,

Thanks for the response, delve -v returns:
number of documents = 1695
average document length = 0
number of unique terms = 0

So it would seem that I have 1695 but they are all empty.
My modifications to htdig2omega were quite small.  I updated the system
call to include the full path to htdump and to add an additional switch
-c /path to config/db.conf

However, in thinking about the issue it occurred to me that the command
to call htdig2omega might need a full path to htdig2omega.script.
Adding this in seems to work and now delve shows that the documents do
contain information.

I have since attempted to run htdig2omega against a 3.2b6 database and
am getting the following error
Caught exception in UNIQUE!
E: Key too long: length was 258 bytes, maximum length of a key is
BTREE_MAX_KEY_LEN bytes
Exception: Key too long: length was 258 bytes, maximum length of a key
is BTREE_MAX_KEY_LEN bytes

Is it possible or easy to increase BTREE_MAX_KEY_LEN?

Georgina.