[Xapian-discuss] omega for Red Hat 9

Jim Lynch jim at fayettedigital.com
Mon Apr 17 12:56:38 BST 2006

On the xapian download page, I found the following paragraph:

Fabrice Colin has built RPM packages for Fedora Core 4
<http://www.chez.com/colinf/rpms/> (i386 and source RPMs, ppc coming
soon). The source RPMs (the three files that end in ".src.rpm") are not
distribution specific - one can build binary RPMs from those with:
|rpmbuild --rebuild

I suggest that you try to install the sources and install from that as
suggested.  As far as reliable/functional, I used an earlier xapian
library on RH 7.2 and found it worked as advertised.  No problems.  I'll
guess that would be true of RH 9 also.

Jim.