[Xapian-discuss] Search with symbols causes search time to hemorrhage

oscaruser at programmer.net oscaruser at programmer.net
Mon Aug 7 22:20:44 BST 2006

Interesting ... looks like the first form of the query was subdivided into "PHRASE 2" based on the symbols, whereas the second form was strictly an ORing of search keywords. The second form is what I want to acheive, but with the special symbols. Should I enclose every part in quote marks to achieve this?

Thanks,
OSC

Query : Men's Levi's Low Rise Boot Cut 527 Jeans - Downtown

Query Description : Xapian::Query(((Rmen:(pos=1) PHRASE 2 s:(pos=2)) OR (Rlevi:(pos=3) PHRASE 2 s:(pos=4)) OR Rlow:(pos=5) OR Rrise:(pos=6) OR Rboot:(pos=7) OR Rcut:(pos=8) OR 527:(pos=9) OR Rjeans:(pos=10) OR Rdowntown:(pos=11)))

Query : Men s Levi s Low Rise Boot Cut 527 Jeans Downtown

Query Description : Xapian::Query((Rmen:(pos=1) OR s:(pos=2) OR Rlevi:(pos=3) OR s:(pos=4) OR Rlow:(pos=5) OR Rrise:(pos=6) OR Rboot:(pos=7) OR Rcut:(pos=8) OR 527:(pos=9) OR Rjeans:(pos=10) OR Rdowntown:(pos=11)))