[Xapian-discuss] Omega, flint, big stubs, big samples, missing dates, htdig_noindex

Jeff Breidenbach breidenbach at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 05:48:53 BST 2006

As I ponder how to get my poor computer out of the temporal
rift (maybe one of the flux capacitors is leaking?), it seems like
a good opportunity to ask some questions about Omega.
I read all the documentation I could find, including the last
six months of this list archive.

Does omindex have a super extra secret hidden option
for using flint backend?

Which is likely to be faster on a single machine, one gigantic
database or a few thousand smaller databases glued together
via a stub db?

Is there a prayer of Omega storing a larger (e.g. configurable size)
sample someday so that one can get a better summary result? Or
is that idea doomed due to backwards compatibility issues?

How can one successfully use END in an Omega query, but not
see document dates in the summary results or even the date
field at all in godmode?

Any thoughts on that earlier htdig_noindex question?

Whew.