[Xapian-discuss] php and xapian

Kevin Webb kevin at tackledesign.com
Wed Aug 9 02:05:01 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm using Xapian 0.9.6 bindings with PHP 5.1.4 and am getting a
Segmentation Fault at the end of script execution any time that the
xapian.so object is loaded in the php.ini. Any time that php gets
invoked it faults after the scrtip completes - regardless of whether
any xapian code (or any code for that matter) was called. However,
with that said it appears that Xapian is still working fine - I'm able
to run the sample files just fine. They simply have a seg fault at the
end of the run.

Is this a known issue or is there something I'm doing with my
configuration that might be problematic. My end goal is to use this
with Apache2 with PHP as DSO - so that's how it's currently built
(although I'm using the CLI version of PHP for testing).

I've also built the bindings for Python and am having great progress
with the index creation, search, etc. (I have over a million docs -
the first century of US Patents) indexed. I'd just like to be able to
access the bindings from PHP with the same success...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to sharing
my progress (and the final application, once it's finished!)

Take care,
Kevin