[Xapian-discuss] php and xapian

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Aug 25 23:28:47 BST 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:05:01PM -0400, Kevin Webb wrote:
> I'm using Xapian 0.9.6 bindings with PHP 5.1.4 and am getting a
> Segmentation Fault at the end of script execution any time that the
> xapian.so object is loaded in the php.ini. Any time that php gets
> invoked it faults after the scrtip completes - regardless of whether
> any xapian code (or any code for that matter) was called.

I don't see this (with PHP 5.1.2).  I'm using Xapian SVN HEAD, but
nothing relevant has changed since 0.9.6 in the PHP bindings.  I'm
generating with a newer (CVS) version of SWIG than I used for 0.9.6
but again nothing relevant seems to have changed.  I'll try it with
SWIG 1.3.29 once I've dealt with my mail backlog.

> Is this a known issue or is there something I'm doing with my
> configuration that might be problematic. My end goal is to use this
> with Apache2 with PHP as DSO - so that's how it's currently built
> (although I'm using the CLI version of PHP for testing).

I tested with the CLI version too.

What OS/compiler/etc are you using?