[Xapian-discuss] omega godmode not all-seeing?

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Aug 10 10:24:00 BST 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 12:01:31AM -0700, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

> >>How can one successfully use END in an Omega query, but not
> >>see document dates in the summary results or even the date
> >>field at all in godmode?
> >
> >Sorry, not sure I understand what you're asking...
>
> When I try the godmode interface to Omega, it appears to
> report the contents of all fields associated with the document.
>
> url=blah blah blah
> sample=blah blah blah
> caption=blah blah blah
> type=text/html
>
> But I don't see a date field. I know omindex is recording one based on
> the modification date of the file. How do I know this? Because an Omega
> query like query?END=20060405?P=blah will either retrieve or not retrieve
> the document based on date.

omindex isn't recording a date field; it uses terms for this. We
probably should add a last-modified field.

The following will work, at line 404 in omindex.cc:

    record += "\nlast-modified=" + long_to_string(last_mod);

then use $date{}. However long_to_string() doesn't exist, so here it
is for utils.cc:

string
long_to_string(long val)
{
    CONVERT_TO_STRING("%ld")
}

or something like that. You'll need to add the prototype to utils.h;
this is completely untested :-)

James