[Xapian-discuss] php and xapian

Kevin Webb kevin at tackledesign.com
Sat Aug 26 16:45:07 BST 2006

Olly,

Thanks for the response!

I've tried previous attempts against PHP 5.1.2 and had the same issues
- so I assume it's not due to the PHP version. However, now that I
know that this isn't a known issue I'll go through the process of
eliminating various components from my PHP configuration and see if
there's a conflict. Also do you know if there's a good way to do a
backtrace from PHP in the case of a seg fault? Perhaps that could help
shed some light on why it's failing - right now I'm not getting any
error messages other than the fault.

Here's the stats on my current configuration:

I'm running gcc version 4.0.3 on Debian

PHP settings:

./configure  --enable-soap --with-pgsql --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2 --with-pdo-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--with-curl --with-gd --with-pdo-pgsql --with-zlib --enable-mbstring
--enable-mbstr-enc-trans

Also, I'm totally up and running with the Pyhton version - I'd just
love to be able to transition my code to PHP at some point so there's
no rush.

Take care,
kpw