[Xapian-discuss] Using document values in search

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Aug 27 00:12:42 BST 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 12:44:54PM +0200, Marek Tichy wrote:
> I know how to add values to the document, but how the hell do I then use
> it to search for let's say a price or timestamp ranges ? I use queryparser.

You need to use the C++ class Xapian::MatchDecider.  Unfortunately you
use this class by creating a subclass which implements a method to do
the filtering you want, and that's not possible from PHP currently
so if you're writing in PHP (as you suggest) you can't do this directly.

The reason it's not supported from PHP is that it needs a SWIG feature
called a "director" and PHP doesn't support these for PHP at present.