[Xapian-discuss] Schedule for 1.0?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Dec 13 03:41:23 GMT 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 05:05:28PM +0000, Yannick Warnier wrote:
> Any plans for the release of Xapian 1.0 and the merge with the UTF-8
> branch?

The utf-8 branch was merged several weeks ago:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/3451/focus=3620

As I said then, external testing is very welcome.  I believe what's
there is in good shape.

We'll release 1.0 when it's ready.  Given the release criteria for 1.0
are inherently feature based, it's not sensible to name a release date
for it.

> I don't really want to jump into the Xapian boat before I can try it
> with UTF-8 in the main branch, so I'm curious and excited about the 1.0.

UTF-8 support is now in the main branch, so ... permission to come
aboard!