[Xapian-discuss] php bindings not working in the browser

Jamie D jam5t3r.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 08:41:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have installed both the xapian-core and xapian-bindings for php on
my server. My setup is as follows:

RHEL 4
Apache 2.0
PHP 5.1.6

After running the install I can run the test files from the command
line successfully I have tried running these through the browser and I
am getting an error. If seems that xapain is getting loaded when its
run on the commend line (php -m lists xapian) but not when run through
a browser. I've check that loading of extensions is enabled in php,
I'm not running in safe mode, ive added the extension=xapian.so to my
php.ini file.

I can't think of anything else that would be causing the xapian
extension not to load when running through apache.

Could anyone give me some idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Jamie