[Xapian-discuss] php bindings not working in the browser

Jamie D jam5t3r.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 19:05:06 GMT 2006

> > The error I'm getting when running smoketest.php is this:
> >
> > Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library
> > '/usr/local/apache2/lib/xapian.so' - libxapian.so.13:
> cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory in
> > /home/username_removed/public_html/xapian/php5/xapian.php
> on line 23
> >

> Look two things:
>
> 1 - /usr/local/apache2/lib/xapian.so is a link to another
> file? if yes, it is broken?
> 2 - Try run "ldd /usr/local/apache2/lib/xapian.so" and see
> if all libraries are filled

Hi,

The so is not a link, I tried running ldd
/usr/local/apache2/lib/xapian.so and found that libxapian.so.13 was
missing, so I added a link to this in /usr/lib and now the ldd command
runs without complaint. Now the smoketest file generates a different
error:

Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/local/apache2/lib/xapian.so' - /usr/local/apache2/lib/xapian.so:
undefined symbol: compiler_globals in
/home/user_removed/public_html/xapian/php5/xapian.php on line 23

Maybe I am one step closer to getting this working now? :)