[Xapian-discuss] php bindings not working in the browser

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Dec 14 19:42:36 GMT 2006

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 11:05:06AM -0800, Jamie D wrote:
> I tried running ldd /usr/local/apache2/lib/xapian.so and found that
> libxapian.so.13 was missing, so I added a link to this in /usr/lib and
> now the ldd command runs without complaint.

Ah, OK.  Ignore my previous reply then!

> Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/local/apache2/lib/xapian.so' - /usr/local/apache2/lib/xapian.so:
> undefined symbol: compiler_globals in
> /home/user_removed/public_html/xapian/php5/xapian.php on line 23

I think this might be a mismatch in the ZTS setting between the PHP
interpreter and the headers you used to compiler the xapian-bindings.

Do you have a hand-installed version of PHP5 and also PHP5 installed
from a package in different locations (or two hand-installed versions)?