[Xapian-discuss] Matching second index?

John Wards j.wards at sportnetwork.net
Sun Feb 5 14:54:09 GMT 2006

Afternoon All,

I have set up a second index, using scriptindex, with the prefix of XDESC.

I can see the words when I use the bit of code Olly provided (cheers!) to see
the term frequencys, and they start with:

XDESC:R (I lowercased them all)

Now if I run a search on omega with the following:

XDESCtastefully I get zero results..when tastefully has 1000+ matches.

Or XDESC:tastefully..etc.

What am I doing wrong?

I have also tried it through my basic PHP bindings code just passing it through:

$database = new_Database("/home2/omega/boris2");
$enquire = new_Enquire($database);
$stemmer = new_stem ("english");
$query_parser = new_queryparser();
queryparser_set_stemmer ($query_parser, $stemmer);
queryparser_set_stemming_strategy ($query_parser, 1);
queryparser_set_database ($query_parser, $database);

$query = queryparser_parse_query ($query_parser, "XDESCtastefully");

I am missing something I know...someone point me in the right direction.

Oh I am using flint now, halfed the size of my normally database, and my new
larger DB with description as an index is only 1.6 gig in size which is nice.

Cheers
John