[Xapian-discuss] Omega

Jim Lynch jim at fayettedigital.com
Wed Feb 8 13:46:44 GMT 2006

Thanks, now I want to extend omega to include variable proximity
searches and added the following at the beginning of the run_query function:
        vector<string> myTerms;
        myTerms.push_back("less");
        myTerms.push_back("february");
        Xapian::Query nearMe(Xapian::Query::OP_NEAR,
myTerms.begin(),myTerms.end(),5);
        query = Xapian::Query(Xapian::Query::OP_AND, query, nearMe);

I suspect I'm misunderstanding how something works.  Any suggestions?  I
called omega with P=less thinking that the redundance will be ignored.
The terms less and february are 3 words appart.

Thanks,
Jim.