[Xapian-discuss] Omega

Jim Lynch jim at fayettedigital.com
Wed Feb 8 16:14:29 GMT 2006

I don't know if I figured out my problem or a way around it, but I've
got something that works sort of.    Instead of using strings, I
generated Xapian::Query objects and put them in the vector.  I used the
query_parser method to generate the objects.

My next question is what is the significance of the "pos" parameters in
the following output from get_description()

Xapian::Query(((toward:(pos=1) NEAR 11 posit:(pos=2)) OR less:(pos=3)))

When I do it programmatically I get pos=1 for all.  That didn't seem to
make a difference in the results however I'd like to know what it means.

Thanks,
Jim.