[Xapian-discuss] Python or PHP hangs when loading a cygwin Xapian module

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Feb 22 16:35:12 GMT 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 04:43:37PM +0100, Thomas Deniau wrote:
> However, when I try to load the Python module, Python just... hangs. Just like
> PHP.

I wonder if this is a clash between the cygwin runtime and the MSVC
runtime.  I can imagine things going wrong if memory allocated by
malloc in one is passed to free in the other, etc.

Did you try compiling with "-mno-cygwin"?  That tells the cygwin-hosted
gcc to compile for mingw (an unusual form of cross-compiling in a sense).
Mingw uses the MSVC runtime DLL (or the CRTL runtime DLL depending how
it is configured).

Otherwise I can't think of anything to suggest I'm afraid.