[Xapian-discuss] Status of the Guile and C# bindings?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Jan 2 07:10:05 GMT 2006

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 10:26:14AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> So once I check in these changes, the C# bindings may actually be
> usable, though some documentation and examples would be nice.

I've now added documentation and examples.  And I've also overloaded the
operators ++, --, ==, and != on the iterator classes which allows them
to be used as in C++.

So the C# bindings will be pretty usable in the next release.  The
biggest annoyance is probably that the "Query from list of terms or
Query objects" constructor isn't wrapped (you can construct most
queries pair-wise, but there's no way to build a phrase query with
more than 2 terms, except by using the QueryParser class which isn't
a clean workaround).  (This also needs wrapping for Tcl).