[Xapian-discuss] Building Xapian and Python Bindings for Windows: Solved

Patrick Mézard pmezard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:04:48 GMT 2006

Olly Betts a écrit :

>On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:39:35AM +0000, James Aylett wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 01:06:25AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
>>No (or rather only if the filing system is - for example, a Linux SMB
>>share mounted on Windows).
>>
>>I wonder if it's the "//" which is the problem - perhaps something is
>>confused and thinking "UNC path" or something.
>>
>>Patrick: What happens if you edit "Makefile" and replace the "//" with
>>"/"?  If that's the problem, it's trivial to fix in configure.

I tried it already and it gives the same error.
What I really do not understand is why does the very same command run in
the cygwin shell without returning an error.

If I write a dummy makefile like:
"""
xapian.pyc: xapian.py
    /cygdrive/d/Python23/python -c "print 'test'"
"""
I get exactly the same error, while calling:
"""
/cygdrive/d/Python23/python -c "print 'test'"
"""
in the cygwin shell outputs "test" correctly.

Could it be related to make ?

--
Patrick Mézard