[Xapian-discuss] QueryParser and multi-capital prefixes

Markus Wörle mrks at mrks.de
Fri Jul 7 15:20:46 BST 2006

I wrote his email yesterday shortly before xapian.org went down, and I
am not sure or my mail arrived this list or not (I haven't got it so
far). So I'm trying it again hoping you'll forgive me if there will be
a duplicate of this message.

Hi,

I'm using user-defined X-starting multi-capital prefixes for boolean
terms, and I'm wondering about how a corresponding query-string has to
be formated to work with the QueryParser.

For example: If i try
	$qp->parse_query('XFOObar'),

the resulting query is
	'Xapian::Query(xfoobar:(pos=1))' - the term has been lower-cased.

It works fine, if i use a
	$qp->add_boolean_prefix("foo", "XFOO");

and a query like
	$qp->parse_query('foo:bar'),

But thats not what I want, because I don't want have to know all
possible prefixes at this point. Is there any solution for me except
breaking the recommendations on how to name terms [1], or building my
own parser?

Thanks
mrks

[1]