[Xapian-discuss] retrieve doc information

mlewis at xelent.net mlewis at xelent.net
Mon Jul 10 14:42:34 BST 2006

I am writing a C++ application that takes a large group of documents and indexes
them. I primarily want to return the document IDs only to the querying client
and possibly come back later for the full text of the document for display
(usually only one document is retrieved). Is there a way to easily come back
with the doc.id later and then fetch the text of the document using a Xapian
API call using the doc.id or do I have to keep the original document somewhere
else?