[Xapian-discuss] Problem with omega reconfiguring

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jul 7 17:37:35 BST 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 12:20:01PM -0400, Jim Lynch wrote:
> ./configure: line 19050: `XO_LIB_XAPIAN(, { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO:
> error: Can't find Xapian library" >&5'

Where did you install xapian-core?  If it's not under the same prefix
as automake (or if it's not installed at all) then you need to tell
aclocal where to find xapian.m4 - e.g.:

aclocal -I/usr/local/aclocal

Or:

aclocal -I/tmp/xapian-core-0.9.6/m4

If you check out the SVN tree, then you can just run the bootstrap
script in the top level which takes care of running all the autotools
and passing -I to aclocal so that you can build against uninstalled
xapian-core.  If you're doing development work, that's probably the
simplest way to go (and allows you to easily diff against the version
you started from to produce a patch).