[Xapian-discuss] Effects of passing a RSet to Enquire::get_mset()

Rusty Conover rconover at infogears.com
Tue Jun 6 06:37:14 BST 2006

Hi All,

 From my brief testing it appears that passing an RSet filled with
documents to Enquire::get_mset() does not make much of a difference
to the returned results.

I have a search returning about 1000 results, when I add an RSet
containing about 75 documents that appeared towards the end of the
result list (about position 600 on average with a relevancy of  >
80), there was no change.  Is this to be expected? The understanding
I got from the documentation is that by adding documents to the RSet
their terms would be considered more relevant, and query results
would change.

Did I misunderstand the purpose of the relevancy set with regard to
query evaluation?  Or may there be a bug lurking somewhere or does
the passed relevancy set need to be bigger to have an effect?

Cheers,

Rusty
--
Rusty Conover