[Xapian-discuss] UTF-8 and 0.9.6

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jun 16 13:59:36 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 11:04:32AM +0100, Thomas Leitch wrote:
> I'm just wondering if the various UTF-8 patches released for 0.9.4 and
> 0.9.5 have found their way into 0.9.6.

No, they'll be in 1.0 as I've previously stated.  0.9.6 was mostly
bug-fixes and minor tweaks (the major exception was the new bindings for
Ruby).  Changing the default encoding used is not an appropriate change
for such a release.

> Or if not, are there any floating around ?

The most recent patches should apply to 0.9.6.

> stated.

This sort of confidentiality statement is inappropriate for mail sent
to a public mailing list.  Mail sent to the mailing list *WILL* be
publicly archived.

Charming!  FWIW, I'd argue that sending mail to a mailing list indicates
that you consent to it being forwarded and archived.

Folks, if your IT department insists on unconditionally welding stupid
disclaimers to the end of every mail, do yourself a favour and sign up
for a free webmail account somewhere and use that for mailing lists.

I feel disinclined to answer mail which attempts to impose a legal
contract on me just by replying, especially when that contract seems
to forbid me from even quoting the message in any reply.  I'm sure
I'm not alone here.