[Xapian-discuss] UTF-8 and 0.9.6

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Jun 18 21:11:30 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 01:59:36PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:

> > Further communication will signify your consent to this.
>
> Charming!  FWIW, I'd argue that sending mail to a mailing list indicates
> that you consent to it being forwarded and archived.

I take that view also. We *could* (although I don't advise it) change
the list to members-only, and make this clear at
sign-up. Alternatively, we could make the mailing lists page on
xapian.org state explicitly that sending to the list gives us the
right to archive, retransmit, quote and re-use in any format or way we
like... it is, after all, the entire *point* of a mailing list :-)