[Xapian-discuss] Need a suggestion on implementation.

jarrod roberson jarrod.roberson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 18:58:50 GMT 2006

I am still working on my filesystem indexer, thanks for all the previous
help, Xapian is awesome!

On to my delimna, I want to index arbitarly long logical paths. And I have
run up on the ~240 character term limit way more than once so far.
So I am trying to decide the best way to index path information.

My ideas are as follows:

/usr/jarrod/very/long/path/to/a/file.txt

use prefixes like P000:usr, P001:jarrod, P002:very P003:long . . . you get
the idea

the other idea is to use positional information using add_posting( usr, 0 ),
add_posting( jarrod, 1 ), add_posting( very, 2 ), add_posting( long, 3 )

which way or which other way would you guys suggestion starting out with?