[Xapian-discuss] Re: I need a functionset_sort_by_relevance_then_value()

Sungsoo Kim xingshou at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 11:09:50 GMT 2006

Dear Olly,

Thank you for your prompt reply!
I have already become a admirer of xapian.

You pointed out what I was not aware of.
I have checked up the document to solve my problem.
And thanks to your explanation I could find out easily what I want.

I can set weighting scheme to ignore document length by setting a paramter
such as BM25Weight(0,0,0,0,0). And I will try to modify some functions
like msetcmp_sort_forward_relevance() in multimatch.cc file in order to
get search results what I want.

I hope you add the function set_sort_by_relevance_then_value() in the
future version of xapian if you think there will be any possibility that the
function can be used by other people.

Many thanks!

Sungsoo Kim