[Xapian-discuss] xapian-tcpsrv need to reopen database?

Rafael Jorge sdm at underlinux.com.br
Sat May 20 02:29:55 BST 2006

Hi, I'm adapting the omega (in a Python way ;) to do search across multiple
remotes database, for now, I have only one xapian-tcpsrc running, but I have
documents being inserted at the same time, so (like I have readed in others
e-mails) the xapian-tcpsrc throw the following message:

Connection from 192.168.0.101, port 64161
Got exception DatabaseModifiedError: The revision being read has been
discarded - you should call Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the
operation
Closing connection.

Raising an IOError on the python script, would have the xapian-tcpsrc to
reopen the database?
Have some patch for this, or this not is a error?
Should I try write a (dirt) patch? xD

Best regards
Thx!
--