[Xapian-discuss] java bindings

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Nov 14 04:29:10 GMT 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 03:59:36PM -0500, Joachim Martin wrote:
> I was also having problems getting the jni.h header found, and I had to
> run configure like so:
>
> ./configure --with-java CPPFLAGS="-I/home/systems/jdk/include
> -I/home/systems/jdk/include/linux"
>
> We have the jdk installed in a non-standard place, and I did have to add
> the additional linux directory to get it working.

Indeed, if you don't have the JDK installed anywhere configure knows to
look, you'll have to give it a hint like this.

Seems a little odd that you need two directories, but I've only
personally tried building with GCJ and the Eclipse Java compiler.

Which JDK are you using?  Does "make check" in xapian-bindings pass?