[Xapian-discuss] Is there a secondary sorting possible for relevance-sorts?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Nov 14 05:30:11 GMT 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 05:30:30PM +0100, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
> We could also switch to using the discussion's id as document id for
> xapian.

Given the size of your databases, I'd only recommend that if you can
arrange to index documents in discussion id order when reindexing (or
when applying large batches of updates).

> >You can't currently access either from Omega, but that probably should
> >be fixed.
>
> Did you already plan on fixing those? If not, how much work would it be
> (for you)?

I'd been vaguely meaning to sort out set_docid_order() as it's used in
the gmane patch for Omega, which ideally should only contain changes
which don't make sense outside of gmane.

But if you have a use for them, I'll look sooner.  It's not a huge
amount of work, but it needs thinking through so the CGI parameters
used fit together to form a coherent system.