[Xapian-discuss] Is there a secondary sorting possible for relevance-sorts?

Arjen van der Meijden acmmailing at tweakers.net
Tue Nov 14 07:27:31 GMT 2006

On 14-11-2006 6:30 Olly Betts wrote:
> Given the size of your databases, I'd only recommend that if you can
> arrange to index documents in discussion id order when reindexing (or
> when applying large batches of updates).

It only takes about 36 hours on our machine to rebuild the database, so
that's not even that much of a problem. Normally we only update the
index every 24 hours, so users won't notice much anyway if we leave the
compacted database in place for the time being.

> I'd been vaguely meaning to sort out set_docid_order() as it's used in
> the gmane patch for Omega, which ideally should only contain changes
> which don't make sense outside of gmane.

Yeah, this is probably usefull for more users. Although they may not
know it yet.

> But if you have a use for them, I'll look sooner.  It's not a huge
> amount of work, but it needs thinking through so the CGI parameters
> used fit together to form a coherent system.

That'd be nice.

Best regards,

Arjen