[Xapian-discuss] Is there a secondary sorting possible for relevance-sorts?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Nov 16 02:06:08 GMT 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 08:27:31AM +0100, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
> On 14-11-2006 6:30 Olly Betts wrote:
> >I'd been vaguely meaning to sort out set_docid_order() as it's used in
> >the gmane patch for Omega, which ideally should only contain changes
> >which don't make sense outside of gmane.
>
> Yeah, this is probably usefull for more users. Although they may not
> know it yet.

Very true.

> >But if you have a use for them, I'll look sooner.  It's not a huge
> >amount of work, but it needs thinking through so the CGI parameters
> >used fit together to form a coherent system.
>
> That'd be nice.

OK, here's a patch (also checked in to SVN).  I've done a quick set of
tests to make sure all the changes work as intended, but let me know if
anything doesn't seem right:

http://www.oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/omega-more-sorting-options.patch

The patch is against SVN HEAD but applies to 0.9.9 with one remark from
patch.