[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu packages for 0.9.9 available

Francis Irving francis at flourish.org
Fri Nov 17 21:49:11 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 06:09:49AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 02:38:37AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> > I've uploaded Xapian 0.9.9:
>
> I've just uploaded Debian and Ubuntu packages for 0.9.9 to the repo at
> http://www.xapian.org/debian/ - for access details see:
>
> http://www.xapian.org/download.php#deb

That's great, thanks Olly! I find both the Debian and Ubuntu
packages very useful.

> These 0.9.9-1 packages include the xapian-bindings patch for Python 2.5
> support and the xapian-core patch for WritableDatabase::replace_document()
> which are detailed here:
>
> http://wiki.xapian.org/ReleaseNotes
>
> I've rejigged how the source and binary package uploading is done.  It
> all seems to have worked correctly, but if you notice any strange
> problems let me know and I'll fix them.

I'm having trouble with the xapian-doc packages, on Ubuntu edgy.

root at owl:/home/francis # apt-get install xapian-doc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  xapian-doc
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 1178kB of archives.
After unpacking 4096B of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  xapian-doc
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Get: 1 http://www.xapian.org edgy/main xapian-doc 0.9.9-1.99edgy [1178kB]
Fetched 1B in 0s (2B/s)
Failed to fetch http://www.xapian.org/debian/pool/0.9.9/binary/xapian-doc_0.9.9-1.99edgy_all.deb  Size mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

And the relevant bit of my sources.list:
root at owl:/home/francis # grep xapian /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://www.xapian.org/debian edgy main
deb-src http://www.xapian.org/debian edgy main

Francis