[Xapian-discuss] Utf-8 branch created

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Sep 15 00:16:15 BST 2006

I've just checked in the current state of the utf-8 support onto a
branch in SVN.  For instructions about how to get it (and a summary of
what's still to do) see this page on the wiki:

http://wiki.xapian.org/Utf8Support

The major omission currently is utf-8 stemming, which requires importing
a newer version of the Snowball stemmers - I'm currently working on that.

Sorry for not creating the branch sooner incidentally.  I was hoping to
release 0.9.7 first to avoid having to apply patches to two places, but
there are some niggling portability issues which are taking a lot of
time to sort out (each time I make a tiny change I then have to wait
several hours for it to get rebuilt on N different machines to see if it
actually fixed the issue...)