[Xapian-discuss] QueryParser, mapping a single prefix to multiple fields ?

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri Sep 15 11:19:53 BST 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 07:34:43PM +0200, Daniel Ménard wrote:

> P.S.: I have other enhancement ideas (like being able to use the
> ExpandDecider from the bindings).  Should I post on the list, so the
> things can be discussed, or should I directly file a whishlist bug ?

I'd generally recommend discussing them, even if only briefly, on the
list, to see if there are other suggestions or thoughts that come from
other people.

I believe that ExpandDeciders in PHP aren't possible at the moment
because SWIG (which we use to create the bindings) doesn't support a
bit of gubbins we need.

(The ExpandDecider itself weren't wrapped for Python, which can manage
deciders, because when I tried it segfaulted, and I haven't had a
chance to look into it since then. I think this is still the case...)

James