[Xapian-discuss] DANGEROUS mode slower?

Tom Mortimer tom at lemurconsulting.com
Fri Sep 22 10:58:32 BST 2006

Hi,

I've recently been running some performance tests on Xapian, using
scriptindex to index Reuters news stories. I was surprised to get
slower indexing with Xapian compiled for DANGEROUS database updates
(143 docs/s vs. 169 docs/s) using the Flint back-end. This was with a
database size of 790,000 docs, created from scratch, running on a
generic Linux box and flushing every 10,000 docs.

What are other people's experiences of DANGEROUS?  Any ideas why I'm
getting this result?

cheers,
Tom