[Xapian-discuss] DANGEROUS mode slower?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Sep 22 12:47:19 BST 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 10:58:32AM +0100, Tom Mortimer wrote:
> What are other people's experiences of DANGEROUS?  Any ideas why I'm
> getting this result?

It was definitely faster for me when I did timings building the gmane
index.  Not sure if that was with quartz or flint, but it shouldn't
make much difference that I can see.  The main difference there is that
I flush much less often.  So perhaps flushing is more expensive for some
reason in dangerous mode?

Perhaps try increasing the flush threshold and see what happens...

Hmm, also do you use "UNIQUE" in your index script?