[Xapian-discuss] Exception: Permission denied using template query

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Apr 2 20:01:21 BST 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 08:43:26AM -0700, Steve Nesbitt wrote:
> Hello, I am a new user of Xapian and Omega.

What version?  What OS?  Is this built from source or from a package?

> I have install the
> software index my files and set up apache to view the output of
> omindex piped to index.html.  When I try and run the omega.cgi I get
> the Exception error on the templates file.

What's the *exact* error message?  I can't find the string "using
template" in the Omega sources...

> I tried query and godmode same permissions denied.  I chgrp on the
> /var/lib/omega directory recursively to apache (group of apache
> process) I have set chmod to 666 for same -- no luck.  Can anyone help
> me with this error.

What are the permissions of the parent directories - try:

ls -ld /var /var/lib /var/lib/omega

And can you run omega from the command line - e.g.:

./omega 'DB=default' 'P=test'