[Xapian-discuss] phraze recognition, intersection

Lucian Nicolescu lucian at tonicagency.com
Mon Apr 2 22:35:16 BST 2007

Hi all,

I have been playing around with this cool piece of software for about 3-4
months, got into some problems but after studying the docs and existing
information online I got through with building a nice, working index.

Now I hit a bottleneck and I turn to you guys for support.

I have the folowing info: a xapian text document postings and terms and a
list of search phrazes.
I need to identify any of the phrazes from my list that are present in my
document and link them to a certain location ... Read some of the topics on
this mailing list as well as the documentation but cannot determine a proper
way of doing this or if it's "doable".

I am thinking phrazes can also be stored in a separate index ... Is there a
way of "intersecting" them ...?

Thanks,
Lucian Nicolescu