[Xapian-discuss] How to ignore many occurrence of the same term in one document for relevance computation?

Kevin Duraj kevin.softdev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 19:44:35 BST 2007

Hello there,

I would like to ask how can I make Xapian to ignore relevance computation
for documents that has many time occurrence of the same term. Or differently
to say I would like to have Xapian ignore relevance computation based on how
many times terms is in document.

Search example term "Kevin"
  1. Document_A contains: Kevin Kevin Kevin Kevin (Relevance 100%)
  2. Document_B contains: Kevin (Relevance 100%)

I want both documents to have same relevancy. Is that possible?

-Kevin