[Xapian-discuss] standalone xapian server

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Aug 21 00:10:16 BST 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 01:56:09PM -0700, Alexander Lind wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'PHP database', but I do use is php
> functions that makes real-time changes to xapian-indexes, and the apps
> depend on these real time changes. I have a feeling this might become
> quite slow and more error prone (dropped http connections etc).

It will change the way you think about things a lot; you need a full
architectural review (generally) to make a change like this. It's
entirely possible to make such a system just as fast and reliable (for
suitable values of 'fast', which I'm not going to get into ;), but I
won't pretend it isn't a lot of work.

If you can find a legal solution that doesn't require this, I'd go for
it. It'll save you time, and possibly money (even with counsel).