[Xapian-discuss] Re: BUG IN XAPIAN_FLUSH_THRESHOLD

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Aug 22 18:12:28 BST 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 12:51:27PM -0700, Kevin Duraj wrote:
> Okay XAPIANS I found the Bug!
>
> flint_database.cc for what ever reason is not picking up the
> environment variable XAPIAN_FLUSH_THRESHOLD and makes the indexing
> VERY SLOW, because it defaults it to 10000 documents. I was going
> crazy for passed month after we switched to FLINT not able to figure
> out why indexing goes so slow. Therefore I hard coded my own
> flush_threshold directly to flint_database.cc and now indexing going
> fast as before!

Hmm, the code there looks fine to me.  Also, it hasn't changed for about
2 years, so this doesn't look like a bug in Xapian to me.

Kevin: Are you sure you're exporting XAPIAN_FLUSH_THRESHOLD after you
set it?  Also, check you spelled it correctly!

Also, does your patch fix all your complaints about flint performance
in 1.0.x?