[Xapian-discuss] xapian-compact

Jim jim at fayettedigital.com
Thu Aug 23 10:02:19 BST 2007

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 03:55:24PM -0400, Jim wrote:
>
>> Hm, let me try this again.  How does xapian-compact behave if there are
>> entries in both databases that are being compacted?  Is it smart enough
>> to use the newer one?  Or the first one?  Or the last one?
>>

> xapian-compact has no concept of "duplicate".  All documents from each
> source database will be copied over to the destination database.

Hi, Olly, welcome back.

Since I'm using scriptindex to build a set of updates to an existing db
into a new
db and then using xapian-compact to merge them, I'm going to have
duplicates.  Yikes!   I'm going to have to copy the existing db to a new
location and let scriptindex update that one, which is a lot slower than
the xapian-compact method but at least it won't leave me with dups.

OK, thanks.

Jim.