[Xapian-discuss] Re: [Swig-devel] license issue

William Fulton william at fultondesigns.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 12:42:58 BST 2007

William S Fulton wrote:
> Richard Palmer originally added the php module. In the original
> submission he had the code to generate the Copyright into the wrapper
> file. You can view the original file that was committed into the SWIG
> cvs repository in the rel-1-3 branch:
> http://swig.cvs.sourceforge.net/swig/SWIG/Source/Modules1.1/php4.cxx?view=log&pathrev=rel-1-3
>

> I've added Richard onto the list of recipients. Hopefully Richard's
> email address still works and he can explain:

His email address bounced and there is no whois record for
magicality.org either. Does anyone know how to contact him? It is kind
of crucial. We will have to discuss whether we can keep shipping the php
modules as it doesn't conform to the all permissive SWIG licence and I
don't think having specific licences for individual modules is a
workable solution.

William