[Xapian-discuss] Re: [Swig-devel] license issue

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Aug 23 13:53:51 BST 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 12:42:58PM +0100, William Fulton wrote:
> William S Fulton wrote:
> >I've added Richard onto the list of recipients. Hopefully Richard's
> >email address still works and he can explain:
>
> His email address bounced and there is no whois record for
> magicality.org either. Does anyone know how to contact him? It is kind
> of crucial.

I found the alternative address richard.palmer at theplanet.net in an old
mailing list post, but that bounces too.  Unfortunately he seems to
share his name with a number of other people, but it would be very
useful to contact him, so I'll keep looking.

> We will have to discuss whether we can keep shipping the php
> modules as it doesn't conform to the all permissive SWIG licence and I
> don't think having specific licences for individual modules is a
> workable solution.

I agree.  Rewriting Source/Modules/php.cxx might be feasible though.