[Xapian-discuss] Xapian or Clucene for mobile device

Yannick Warnier ywarnier at beeznest.org
Mon Dec 17 17:16:31 GMT 2007

Le dimanche 16 décembre 2007 à 21:13 +0100, Martin Kuen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> > I do not want you to get bored with more information and statistics,
> > but you can continue the research in case I missed something, cheers!
>
> Could you probably bore me? I would be very interested in this topic, so:
> What kind of queries? (query length, "bag of words" or usage of
> boolean operators, etc)
> What kind of document corpus? (size, content-type)
> Did you use "of-the-shelf" installations of lucene, xapian, mysql? (or
> did you do some configuration?)

I would like to add on that request for more details. Has this
information been made public on a website or something, so it can
benefit to the whole community?
Because obviously "much better quality of results", as such, is a bit
subjective... (not that I am doubting your opinion, but I'd like to be
able to re-use that argument to convince my own public)

Yannick