[Xapian-discuss] Xapian vs Lucene

Bill Crawford bill.crawford at wcn.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 12:33:08 GMT 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 07:06, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

> This was my bottom line analysis in September 2006. Since then
> Xapian has made significant progress on UTF-8.
>
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pKHp5ItRZ0SUL0PKhN_ssfA

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had success using UTF-8 via the perl API
wrapper? I've been able to add stuff TO the index using UTF-8 data, via perl,
but when I try to search, I get no results on any query using accented chars
(but "term_exists" returns true, and I can successfully query from a C++
program, so I know the data is there).

--
http://www.lost.eu/175db